(Looking for our year-long Ready…Set…Go plan? Click here)
We are reading the book of Titus together as a church for the next 3 weeks. Each day, Monday-Thursday, one of our teaching pastors will be presenting a video devotional on the day’s reading.
Bible Reading Method
1. Quiet your heart for sixty seconds and ask God to open your eyes to see exactly what He wants to show you from His Word.
2. Read the chapter.
3. Meditate on the scripture provided.
4. Follow the daily journaling prompts:
- HIGHLIGHT. Write out your favorite verse from this chapter.
- CONTEMPLATE. What stood out to you in the reading today and how could it impact your life and the way you live?
- MEDITATE. Go back and read the verse you wrote from today’s reading. Now, read it out loud several times, slowly and intentionally, letting its truth settle into your thoughts, heart and spirit. As we fill our minds with the truth of God’s word and way, we are strengthened to face the day ahead.
- LISTEN. Close your eyes, take a few deep breaths and…listen. What is the one thing you feel the Holy Spirit is saying to you today?
- CONFESS. Are you facing any challenges or worries today? Write them down and offer them to the Holy Spirit’s care.
- PEOPLE. In this time of social distancing, our connection to others is more important than ever. Pray for someone specific, write down someone to encourage with a phone call, text or video chat. Our community is built on our connection to one another and to Christ.
- SCAN FOR BEAUTY. Write three things that give you joy today.
- PRAYER. Pray honestly, from your heart, or borrow from the prayer life of Jesus:
Our Father in heaven, hallowed be Your name.
Your kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.